Being a Job Rep involves five key roles.
- Representation of members at your workplace and promotion of ANMF’s policies and activities
- Recruitment of ANMF members and other Job Reps and Contacts
- Involve and support members at a local level
- Resource for the members at your workplace and ANMF office
- Referral of members to seek advice, information or assistance directly from ANMF and/or your workplace
It's important to be aware that you have control over your Job Rep duties.
- You’re not expected to solve all members’ problems at your workplace. In many cases advising a member to call the ANMF Information Line is all the help that is required (ie helping members to help themselves)
- Your ANMF Organiser and other workplace Job Reps can also support and assist you.
You’re not expected to know everything contained in industrial awards and agreements. Advise members to call the ANMF Information Line on 9275 9333 or 1800 133 353 (regional toll free)
- You’re not expected to be on call to members.
You can stop being a Job Rep at any time you choose - either permanently or for a short period.
To access a nomination form, download the brochure here
, and mail it out to:
ANMF (Vic Branch)
PO Box 12600
A’Beckett Street Melbourne Vic 8006
If you require further assistance, call your ANMF Organiser on 9275 9333 or 1800 133 353 (regional Victoria)