Are you undertaking post registration/postgraduate study in nursing or midwifery in Victoria?
The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (Vic Branch) Council has introduced new financial grants for members of the ANMF (Vic Branch) undertaking post registration/postgraduate (certificate/diploma) education.
Awarded grants will provide up to 80 per cent of the tuition costs incurred by eligible ANMF (Vic Branch) members undertaking post registration/postgraduate (cert/diploma) education in a clinical area of nursing or midwifery practice.
In 2018/2019, preference will be given to applications from members undertaking post registration/postgraduate (cert/diploma) studies in the following specialties/areas of practice:
a) perioperative or perianesthesia nursing
b) postgraduate midwifery
c) mental health nursing
d) palliative care nursing
e) renal nursing
f) critical care nursing (intensive care unit/emergency/neonatal intensive care unit)
g) Advanced Diploma in Nursing
5pm, Friday 30 November 2018 and applicants will be advised in February 2019.
Use of the grant
The ANMF (Vic Branch) Nursing and Midwifery Fee Grant will be considered on the basis of a shared-cost partnership agreement between the successful recipient and ANMF (Vic Branch).
The Fee Grant will ordinarily be by way of a reimbursement of up to eighty per cent of the core course fee costs. The grant allocation will be limited to the cost of tuition/course fees only and will not include costs related to computers, accommodation, late enrolment fees, textbook, student services fees and other incidentals.
1. Be a financial member of the ANMF (Vic Branch) for at least 24 continuous months at the time of application*
2. Continue to be a financial member of the ANMF (Vic Branch) during the course
3. Fully complete and return this ANMF (Vic Branch) Course Fee Application Form (including provision of the written outline about how the course will contribute to your practice)
4. Attach to the application form legible copies of:
a) allocation of a place within the course
b) the Course Enrolment Guide (including name of the course, details of the subjects/units to be undertaken, mode of delivery e.g. face-to-face or online, course provider information)
c) university tuition fees invoice/estimate issued from course provider
d) cost of course
e) Confirmation of Enrolment for each subject/unit
f) Commonwealth supported place (CSP) statement of account if you have one
g) receipt of payment/proof of payment(s)/or copy of HECS/FEE HELP statement if you have one**
5. Be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA)
6. Be working in Victoria.
* Unless extraordinary circumstances can be demonstrated to the satisfaction of the ANMF (Vic Branch) Council Course
** This provision is not intended to limit applications from ANMF (Vic Branch) members who may be experiencing significant financial hardship. In such circumstances, members are encouraged to seek ‘approval in advance’ ensuring that they provide evidence of the hardship to this application for the consideration of the ANMF (Vic Branch) Council Course Fee Grant Subcommittee (CFGS).
The ANMF (Vic Branch) is obliged by law to provide to the Registered Organisations Commission the names of any members to whom a grant is made and to publish the names of grant recipients in our Annual Report.
The ANMF (Vic Branch) does not and will not provide advice on the tax implications, if any, on the provision of a grant to a successful recipient.
Successful applicants must provide to the ANMF (Vic Branch) Council Course Fee Grant Subcommittee copies of unit results immediately at the end of each study semester with a brief written report on the professional growth and development. First report to be no later than six months after the grant is awarded.
Notification of grants
Where the ANMF (Vic Branch)) Council Course Fee Grant Subcommittee approves an application for a grant, the ANMF (Vic Branch) will advise the applicant in writing of that approval. Successful applicants will be provided a letter of approval in principle. These members will be responsible for returning a signed copy of acceptance within the stated time-frame, acknowledging and accepting terms and conditions. The ANMF (Vic Branch) Council Course Fee Grant Subcommittee decision in awarding fee grants is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Payment of grants
Payment of approved fees to successful applicants will be by way of reimbursement on a per subject per semester basis, on receipt by ANMF of evidence of:
- successful enrolment; and
- evidence from the education provider of payment of fees.
Payment of the grant will be made within 3 business days of ANMF receiving the above evidence.
Validation of the grant
The ANMF (Vic Branch) may terminate a grant, if in the opinion of the ANMF (Vic Branch) this is warranted. The recipient may be required to reimburse the ANMF (Vic Branch) for the grant payment where it is evidenced that:
1. The recipient does not complete and/or has no intention of completing the course for which the grant was awarded; for example the recipient withdraws or defers the course without the approval of the ANMF (Vic Branch) Course Fee Grant Subcommittee.
2. Rescinding ANMF membership or non-payment of ANMF membership fees during the period in which the postgraduate course of the studies or unit/s of study is being undertaken.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries with 'ANMF fee grant application' in the subject line.