Don't miss out! Register now.
Thursday 27 April | 7 hours CPD
Sustainability Conference agenda available now
Health and the environment are intrinsically linked. Sustainability initiatives work to improve current health practices and support better health within the community in wider use.
Join us at this event and learn new ways to reduce waste, promote sustainability and improve your community. Join together with a growing movement of health professionals who are changing the way we deliver health and striving to improve our work, home and wider environments.
The conference is aimed at all levels of nursing, midwifery and carers.
Keynote presenters will explore the impact of the environment on the health system, our personal wellness and our future resources.
Presentations for this year's conference include:
- Dr Norman Swan, multi-award winning producer, broadcaster and investigative journalist, host of RN’s Health Report, co-host of Coronacast & commentator on ABC TV’s 7.30 at the Sustainability Conference on sustainability in health care – lessons learnt from the pandemic and beyond;
- Professor Bob Wong, Professor of Behavioural and Evolutionary Ecology and Australian Research Council Future Fellow, School of Biological Sciences, Monash University on prescription pharmaceuticals in waterways and the impact on wildlife behaviour; and
- Comprehensive sessions covering plastic in healthcare, sustainability and PPE, workplace change, models of care and pharmaceutical waste.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to come along and connect with other nurses, midwives and carers.
Hear from your colleagues from hospitals around Victoria as they present practical and achievable ways to improve environmental sustainability at work.
The Nurses and Midwives Wellness Conference also returns in 2023!
Friday 28 April | 8 hours CPD
Wellness Conference agenda available now
Presented in partnership with Nursing and Midwifery Health Program Victoria.
Placing your wellbeing firmly on the agenda, this conference will explore practical ideas, methods and concepts which can be used to promote positive health and wellbeing for you, your families and those in your professional life.
Engaging keynote presentations will share their own unique lived experiences and perspectives on wellbeing and how they navigate being human at challenging times.
Presentations for this year's conference include:
- Lisa Curry AO, triple Olympian, motivational speaker, author, coach and TV presenter at the Wellness Conference on strength and her personal story of navigating through crisis;
- Zan Rowe, Take 5 podcast and TV series, Double J Mornings host, ABC Music Correspondent on setting boundaries, what wellness means to her and the power of music and the mind;
- Brendan Cullen, mental health ambassador, on the benefits of peer support, his personal mental health journey and his extraordinary story of endurance - from training at a remote sheep station to swimming the English Channel to raise awareness for mental health support services; and
- Presentations on mental health, sleep and energy, self-care, self-compassion and more.
With a program carefully curated in partnership between the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (Vic Branch) and the Nursing and Midwifery Health Program Victoria (NMHPV), this conference will be your opportunity to examine your own health and wellbeing.
Register now for both conferences and save, as well as earning 15 hours CPD. For more information, visit the registration page now.
Please note: due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, changes may take place to the format of the conference. ANMF may be required to alter or change conference plans at short notice – which could mean either a reduced or limited physical conference, or a digital conference – depending on Government advice leading up to your conference. Registration options may alter based on any changes, with options communicated directly to registered attendees.
Please contact the events team via email@example.com with any concerns or for further information.
Thank you to our sponsors!
We could not run our events without the support of our conference sponsors and thank them for their involvement:
Gold sponsor - HESTA
Silver sponsor - Aware Super
Bronze sponsor - Nurses Midwives Health
By registering for this conference, you are agreeing to the ANMF (Vic Branch) refund policy:
(a) 10% administrative fee levied on all participants who cancel
(b) 14 days or more notification - full refund (i.e. 90%)
(c) seven days or more notification - 70% refund
(d) less than seven days notification - 25% refund
This conference is catered. Please ensure you list your dietary requirement/s on your registration form so we can endeavour as much as reasonably practicable to cater for the requirement.
Getting to the venue:
The Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre can be reached easily via public transport or car.
For complete information on travel to our conference venue, please visit the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition site here.
Disclaimer: ANMF (Vic Branch) will endeavour to ensure that the speakers and content for this conference proceed as advertised. However, we may have to replace a speaker unexpectedly. ANMF (Vic Branch) disclaims any liability for any errors/omissions in information provided at this conference.