ANMF began negotiations with Bupa Aged Care management in July 2016. The agreement expired on 31 October 2016 and the last pay rise was 1.75 per cent in April 2016.
In June 2017, Bupa nurses and personal care workers voted NO to Bupa's proposed agreement of a 2.3 per cent pay rise in a one-year agreement with no other improvements. Nurses and carers also rejected Bupa's recent offer of two 2.5 per cent wage increases in a two-year agreement with no other changes. Ninety two per cent of Bupa nurses and carers who participated in a protected industrial action ballot in September 2017 voted YES.
View the Bupa log of claims and read the updates below for further information.
If you believe Bupa nurses and personal care workers should be valued, recognised and rewarded for the important work participate in your campaign activities, meetings and decisions and encourage your colleagues to join ANMF.
- Bupa campaign update 25 (13 October 2017): More stop works next week
- STOP WORK meetings and community barbecues will take place at three more Bupa facilities:
Monday 16 October
Bupa Greensborough, 264 Diamond Creek Road, Greensborough (2pm-4pm) Bupa Greensborough flier
Tuesday 17 October
Bupa Bellarine Lakes, Corner of Bellarine Highway and Resort Boulevard, Moolap (1.30pm-3.30pm) Bupa Bellarine Lakes flier
Wednesday 18 October
Bupa Eastwood, 55 Timbarra Drive, Bairnsdale (12.30pm-2.30pm) Bupa Eastwood flier
- Media release (Friday 13 October 2017): Bupa's offer must address workloads and wages - stop work meetings continue
- Federal Court of Australia Orders
- Bupa campaign update 24 (10 October 2017): Overwhelming community support
Summary of Bupa wage offers
- Bupa campaign update 23 (7 October 2017): Bupa offer MUST address workloads and wages
- STOP WORK meetings and community barbecues will take place at nine Bupa facilities:
Monday 9 October
Bupa Clayton, 12 Burton Avenue, Clayton, (1.30pm-3.30pm) Bupa Clayton flier
Bupa Ballarat, 305 Smythes Rd, Delacombe, (12.30pm-3.30pm) Bupa Ballarat flier
Tuesday 10 October
Bupa Edithvale, 256-260 Station Street, Edithvale, (2pm-4pm) Bupa Edithvale flier
Bupa Portland, 83 Wellington Road, Portland, (1pm-3pm and 3pm-5pm) Bupa Portland flier
Bupa South Morang, 18-22 McGlynn Ave, South Morang, (1.30pm-3.30pm) Bupa South Morang flier
Wednesday 11 October
Bupa Bendigo, 208 Holdsworth Road, Bendigo, (1.30pm- 3.30pm) Bupa Bendigo flier
Bupa Mildura, 514 Deakin Ave, Mildura, (2pm-4pm) Bupa Mildura flier
Bupa Sunshine, 74 Devonshire Road, Sunshine, (2pm-4pm - time has been corrected) Bupa Sunshine flier
Bupa Thomastown, 89 Dalton Road, Thomastown, (1.30pm-3.30pm) Bupa Thomastown flier
- Dear resident, relative, loved one letter - for members if you need more copies
- Media release (6 October 2017) Bupa nurses and carers stop work meetings and community barbecues
- Bupa campaign update 22 (4 October 2017) Stay strong, stage two action to start next week at selected facilities
This update includes a form to report harassment and intimidation or you can use the online form
- Bupa campaign update 21 (3 October 2017) Great start to unprecedented Bupa industrial action
- Media release (2 October 2017) Bupa blue - Victoria's lowest paid aged care nurses and carers see red
- Bupa campaign update 20 (2 October 2017) Bupa action starts on 3 and 4 October
- Bupa campaign update 19 (27 September 2017) Protected industrial action begins next week
- Bupa campaign update 18 (21 September 2017) Important members meetings next week. Tell us about your staffing levels and skill mix
- Bupa campaign update 17 (12 September 2017) Bupa members voted YES. Email us your T-shirt size!
- Bupa campaign update 16 (8 September 2017) Post your vote today!
- Bupa campaign update 15 (4 September 2017) Post your YES VOTE today
- Media release: (30 August 2017) VOTE YES to industrial action billboards outside every Bupa nursing home
- Bupa campaign update 14 (25 August 2017) - Protected Industrial Action: ANMF recommends voting YES
- Bupa campaign update 13 (18 August 2017) - FWC approves secret protected action ballot VOTE YES flier
- Bupa campaign update 12 - ANMF applies for a secret protected action ballot
- Bupa campaign update 11 - ANMF considering protected industrial action ballot
- Bupa campaign update 10 - 50 days of silence from Bupa. ANMF invites Bupa to return to talks.
- Bupa campaign update 9 - You VOTED NO to low wages. Negotiations to restart.
- Bupa campaign update 8 - Send a strong NO message to Bupa – voting closes today
- Bupa campaign update 7 and vote no poster (26 May 2017): Voting starts today
- Media release: 'VOTE NO' to low wages billboard outside every Bupa nursing home
- Bupa campaign update 6 (24 May 2017): VOTE NO Bupa billboard campaign
- Bupa campaign update 5 (19 May 2017): ANMF recommends members vote no - ballot starts Friday 26 May
- BUPA VOTE NO FLYER - frequently asked questions about the Bupa offer and ballot
- Bupa campaign update 4: ANMF recommends members vote no to Bupa's low wage offer
- Bupa campaign update 3 Want to make a difference? Register for the ANMF Bupa EBA Information Session
- Bupa barbecues
- Bupa campaign update 2 Nurses and carers reject Bupa's 2.1 per cent offer
- Bupa campaign update 1
Bupa EBA campaign photos