Mental health nursing officer
Permanent full-time position
Location: 535 Elizabeth St Melbourne
Salary: Mental Health Nursing Officer
Year 1 salary $109,055 plus 14.5% Super and 5 weeks leave
Hours: Full Time (38 hour working week)
Position description: anmfvic.asn.au/mhno
ANMF (Vic Branch) is your union, representing the industrial and professional interests of over 83,000 of your fellow Victorian members and colleagues. We aim to empower nurses and midwives to maximise influence over their professions, their working environment, the health care system and the broader community.
About the Mental Health Nursing Officer (MHNO)
The Mental Health Nursing Officer (MHNO) provides industrial and professional information, advice and support to the Branch Secretary, Assistant Secretaries, Branch staff and ANMF members with a focus on mental health nursing and mental health services. The MHNO will also participate in State and Federal committees, working parties and forums regarding mental health issues and the nursing profession. They will ensure effective communication on mental health issues across the Branch and to members and aim to increase the ANMF (Vic. Branch) profile amongst mental health nurses. The MHNO participates in Branch activities including submissions, campaigns and negotiations designed to improve member services and employment conditions.
The Selection Criteria
- You will have a current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse along with post graduate qualifications and extensive clinical experience in mental health nursing.
- You will be able to apply expertise and knowledge in relation to:
- contemporary mental health nursing standards and practice;
- trends in mental health service provision along with State and Federal Government Policy; and
- relevant legislation including the Mental Health Act (Vic) 2014.
- You will be able to identify, report and respond to emerging issues for members in the mental health sector.
- You will have demonstrated advanced negotiation and advocacy skills as well as effective leadership skills.
- You will have excellent written communication and interpersonal skills with ability to engage effectively with members and other stakeholders.
- You will be able to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the ANMF and the broader trade union movement.
- Ideally, you will have experience as an ANMF Job Representative and have been able to apply expertise and knowledge in relation to relevant Agreements.
- You will be a strong team player with the ability to develop and sustain effective and collaborative professional relationships.
- You will have sound knowledge of Microsoft Suite packages eg, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- You will hold a current Victorian driver’s licence.
If this opportunity sounds like your next move, please email your CV and cover letter, addressing each of the selection criteria, to email@example.com by COB Monday 18 February 2019.
If you require any further information, please contact Jo Walker via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9275 9333.