Are you undertaking post registration/postgraduate study in nursing or midwifery in Victoria?
In 2018 the ANMF (Vic Branch) Council introduced new financial grants for members - registered and enrolled nurses and midwives - undertaking post registration/postgraduate (certificate/diploma) education.
Grants provide up to 80 per cent of the tuition costs incurred by eligible ANMF members. Since the launch, ANMF has distributed $1,520,700 in education grants to members, who met the criteria and will use the funds to undertake specialist education in areas of great clinical need.
In 2020-21, preference will be given to applications from registered and enrolled nurse and midwife members undertaking post registration/postgraduate (cert/diploma) studies in the following specialties/areas of practice:
- perioperative or perianaesthesia nursing
- palliative care nursing
- renal nursing
- critical care nursing
(intensive care unit/emergency/neonatal intensive care unit)
- addictive behaviours
- aged care
- postgraduate midwifery
- mental health nursing
- maternal and child health
- Advanced Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma of Alcohol and other Drugs for enrolled nurses.
Applications opened Wednesday 20 January 2021
Applications closed Tuesday 31 March 2021
Applicants will be advised 31 May 2021
Use of the grant
The ANMF (Vic Branch) Nursing and Midwifery Fee Grant will be considered on the basis of a shared-cost partnership agreement between the successful recipient and ANMF (Vic Branch).
The Fee Grant will ordinarily be by way of a reimbursement of up to eighty per cent of the core course fee costs. The grant allocation will be limited to the cost of tuition/course fees only and will not include costs related to computers, accommodation, late enrolment fees, textbook, student services fees and other incidentals.
1. Be a financial member of the ANMF (Vic Branch) for at least 24 continuous months at the time of application*
2. Continue to be a financial member of the ANMF (Vic Branch) during the course
3. Fully complete and submit the ANMF (Vic Branch) Course Fee Application Form (including provision of the written outline about how the course will contribute to your practice)
4. Attach to the application form legible copies of:
a) allocation of a place within the course
b) the Course Enrolment Guide (including name of the course, details of the subjects/units enrolled in during the 19-20 financial year, mode of delivery e.g. face-to-face or online, course provider information)
c) university tuition fees invoice issued from course provided for subjects undertaken between 1 July 2020 and 30 June 2021.
d) cost of course
e) Confirmation of Enrolment for each subject/unit
f) Commonwealth supported place (CSP) statement of account if you have one
g) receipt of payment/proof of payment(s)/or copy of HECS/FEE HELP statement if you have one**
h) declare all grants including the amount/s received from any sources for the study e.g. DHHS, employer or other scholarship
5. Be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA)
6. Be working in Victoria.
* Unless extraordinary circumstances can be demonstrated to the satisfaction of the ANMF (Vic Branch) Council. Student membership is considered part of the 24 continuous months.
** This provision is not intended to limit applications from ANMF (Vic Branch) members who may be experiencing significant financial hardship. In such circumstances, members are encouraged to seek ‘approval in advance’ ensuring that they provide evidence of the hardship to this application for the consideration of the ANMF (Vic Branch) Council Course Fee Grant Subcommittee (CFGS).
The ANMF (Vic Branch) is obliged by law to provide to the Registered Organisations Commission the names of any members to whom a grant is made and to publish the names of grant recipients in our Annual Report.
The ANMF (Vic Branch) does not and will not provide advice on the tax implications, if any, on the provision of a grant to a successful recipient.
Successful applicants must provide to the ANMF (Vic Branch) Council Course Fee Grant Subcommittee copies of unit results within two weeks of them being available from the education provider at the end of each study semester.
Notification of grants
Where the ANMF (Vic Branch) Council Course Fee Grant Subcommittee approves an application for a grant, the ANMF (Vic Branch) will advise the applicant in writing of that approval. Successful applicants will be provided a letter of approval in principle. These members will be responsible for returning a signed copy of acceptance within the stated time-frame, acknowledging and accepting terms and conditions. The ANMF (Vic Branch) Council Course Fee Grant Subcommittee decision in awarding fee grants is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Payment of grants
Payment of approved fees to successful applicants will be by way of reimbursement on a per subject per semester basis over the financial year from 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021.
Payment will be made the week commencing 21 June 2021.
Validation of the grant
The ANMF (Vic Branch) may terminate a grant, if in the opinion of the ANMF (Vic Branch) this is warranted. The recipient may be required to reimburse the ANMF (Vic Branch) for the grant payment where it is evidenced that:
1. The recipient does not complete and/or has no intention of completing the course for which the grant was awarded; for example the recipient withdraws or defers the course without the approval of the ANMF (Vic Branch) Course Fee Grant Subcommittee.
2. Rescinding ANMF membership or non-payment of ANMF membership fees during the period in which the postgraduate course of the studies or unit/s of study is being undertaken.
Please email email@example.com with inquiries with 'ANMF fee grant application' in the subject line.