The ANMF (Vic Branch) Safe Patient Handling (SPH) special interest group encourages all nurses and midwives to join the ANMF, including associate membership where appropriate. The group operates within the ANMF (Vic Branch) SPH SIG By-laws.
ANMF (Vic Branch) SPH SIG members can raise issues relevant to their workplace and clinical setting.
- education and information sessions appropriate to members needs
- networking opportunities at local, state and National level
- participation in local, state and national nursing conferences
To provide a forum which facilitates communication and discussion amongst nurses and midwives in Victoria and to encourage professional development for safe patient handling and injury prevention
- To promote recognition of safe patient handling nurses, midwives and co-ordinators as a professional nursing and midwifery specialty
- To enable a forum for safe patient handling nurses, midwives and co-ordinators to identify issues of concern and increase understanding of safe patient handling
- To foster unity amongst safe patient handling nurses, midwives and co-ordinators
- To facilitate professional development within members of the SPH SIG
- To provide an environment for safe patient handling nurses, midwives, co-ordinators (and persons directly involved in a role encompassing safe patient handling) to network, exchange ideas and seek information
- To investigate issues of concern and make recommendations
- To promote special projects and research in the area of safe patient handling
Raising the public profile of ANMF (Vic Branch) SPH SIG
Providing a forum for the sharing of information and ideas between members to facilitate mutually beneficial outcomes
Providing leadership in relation to safe patient handling policy, legislation and guidelines
Making submissions to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia, the Department of Health and regulatory bodies including Work Safe Victoria
Participating in relevant conferences, seminars and decision-making forums and being involved in activities that enhance the role of members
Increase awareness of safe patient handling best practice amongst the public and health care secto.
To work collaboratively with the ANF (Vic Branch) and to highlight the critical importance of safe patient handling in Victoria and Australia
The membership fee is $50. Associate membership is $25. Membership is from 1 September to 31 August. No part year membership is available.
Download the membership form
For membership inquiries and SPH special interest group information please contact ANMF (Vic Branch) Professional Officer, Lynne West.
Download the email tree guidelines